Changing your insurance cover


When things in your life change, so can your insurance.

This page is about insurance through your accumulation super offered by our insurer, TAL. If you’re a Defined Benefit Division (DBD) member, see inbuilt benefits.

How do I change or cancel my insurance?

The easiest way to change your cover is online.

Log in to change your cover

What you can change online

Death and Total and/or Permanent Disablement (TPD) cover

  • Increase or decrease your cover 
  • Cancel your cover

Income Protection cover

  • Increase or decrease your cover
  • Cancel your cover
  • Change your waiting period (30, 60 or 90 days)
  • Change your benefit period (2 years, 5 years or up to age 65)

Things to know about increasing your cover

You may need to provide additional health information. You can also apply to increase your cover without providing additional health information by applying for Life Events/Salary Increase cover, or by transferring insurance from another fund (see below).

DBD inbuilt benefits

If you’re a DBD member, you’ll have inbuilt benefits (subject to eligibility) which you can’t change—but you can change your level of external death and TPD insurance cover.

Salary and life events cover

You can increase your Death and TPD cover if you receive a pay rise or have a major life event, such as getting married, having a child or buying a house.

You can also apply to increase your Income Protection Cover if your salary increases. For more information and to increase your cover, read and complete the Life Events/Salary Increase cover fact sheet and form (PDF, 210KB).

Transferring insurance from another fund

You may be able to transfer your insurance from another fund to us if you’re under the age of 61, provided you meet certain conditions.


We’re here to help

If you have questions about your insurance cover, call us on 1800 331 685 or email us.

Need advice?

If you need help to ensure you’ve got the right level of cover for your needs, call UniSuper Advice on 1800 823 842 or email us.